International & Other recognition and listing requirements
● Recognition by the South African Department of Education and Training
● Institutions which offer degrees that are awarded or validated by another accredited Institution as identified above.
● Institutions that are not accredited academically but are:
- Accredited / validated by a widely recognised professional body
- Sponsored by the industry
- Are widely recognised by employers.
The latter form of recognition should be examined with scrutiny to ensure claims made by the Institution in regard to the acceptance of its degrees are real. Example university permitted under this method of recognition:
- University of the People (currently also seeking formal accreditation)